After our wonderful time in Gillette, we headed home. On our way our plan was to stop in the mountain and get a Christmas tree. Well as life in the Emmett house hold goes things didn't go as planned. First we left late, then it took a while to find a place that sold the Tree permits. Well we finally started to the mountain (in the dark) and the farther up the mountain we got the worse the weather and road got. So we found a groomed road and went spotlighting for a tree. We found a great one and Joe and I went and cut in down in the snow storm. About halfway down the mountain the snow stopped and the roads cleared. I love our tree because it is covered with pine cones. Crystal only wanted a tree if it was a "Charlie Brown Tree". Well she got her wish. Almost all trees on the mountain are "Charlie Brown" Trees, but it looks better then one we bought at a lot last year. I love having a mountain fresh cut tree that we all get to put our decorations on together. Each year the kids get to pick out a new ornament for the tree. We still have to go and get this years ornaments. My tree reminds me of Christmas when I was growing up. So our Monday night home evening activity was decorating the tree. I love watching the kids. Clayton with plug the lights in first thing in the morning and sit there and look at the tree. I think they get that From me. I love to sit and look at Christmas trees and lights. at Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have a great Christmas season.
December 4, 2008
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week and weekend. Joe's sister Carene hosted this year Great big thank you to her. She is a great hostess. The kids loved going and seeing their cousins and all the animals. The kids loved the Mule, and going egg hunting with Abby. It was fun having so many people around to help out with the big meal. On Friday we went shopping and I found some cute clothes on a pretty good black Friday sale (we didn't go until afternoon). It was nice to get together with Joe's Family. There is always lots of fun to be had when we all get together. We were only missing Joe's brother. They were busy with their brand new baby girl Caitlyn. we sure missed them but were grateful they have their precious little girl. The last several months has made me extra aware of how grateful I am for family. Not just for family though but the Plan of Salvation and the opportunity to live with our families for Eternity.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a really fun Thanksgiving! It is really nice when you can go to someone else's house and help out a little bit rather than having to do everything by yourself. I would know- that's what we do every year! Hope you mom had a great birthday!
cute! i love your tree! i gotta get one put together for me! love you.
Love your tree. Hope you had a great time at Thanksgiving
We agree with the turn on the lights first thing in the morning routine! We love looking at the lights all season too!
Post a Comment